I’m a writer, landed in flyover country. Words are my day job and my 6:55 AM obsession. I write articles and narrative essays about religion, American culture, post-evangelical identity, and all the strange ways those things intersect.
(Not into any of that? You’re in luck, actually. I also produce resonant and persuasive >content< for brands, businesses, and non-profits.)
Here are a few examples.
- Trump May Be the End of the World As We Know It—But For Some Evangelicals, That’s Just Fine (Religion Dispatches—over 7,000 Facebook shares)
- When You Argue With a Fundamentalist You Don’t Know What You’re Asking For (Religion Dispatches; syndicated to The Raw Story)
- A Blessing For Having Reached This Point
On culture, tech, tacos:
- Five Ways to Dig Winter in Columbus for $5 or Less (614 Now)
- 10 Ways Artificial Intelligence Will Make Car Insurance Awesome (Root)
- A Taste of Nepal: Columbus’s Hidden Dumpling (614 Now)
For brands, businesses, non-profits:
- The Official Copy Portfolio (easiest way to see what you’re looking for)
- How We’re Building the Car Insurance of the Future (Root)
- 7 Tips for Easily Building Real Food Meals (Foodwifery)
The end! Thanks for reading along. You can talk to me about your favorite lost cause—or hire me for your project—at nelle at nellesmith.com.